Inscrivez-vous à mon infolettre !
This warm and comforting cheesy dip is quite possibly one of the best things that you can make, when hosting for friends & family. It’s creamy, cheesy and oh so satisfying…the perfect combination! It also makes a big enough batch to share.
Now, if I were to tell you that this cheesy nacho dip is made with cashews and carrots, would you be blown away?! Well, it is! There is no dairy in it, and nothing unhealthy…so there goes all of the guilt. It’s dairy free, vegan, and gluten free. Nutritional yeast is what makes this dish taste cheesy, and the marinara sauce gives it an extra kick.
Share it, devour it, enjoy it!
– 1 cup raw cashews, soaked in boiling water for 15-30 min- 1 cup chopped and seamed carrots
– 4 TBSP nutritional yeast
– 2 TBSP fresh lemon juice (about 1 lemon juiced)
– 1 garlic clove
– 1 1/2 tsp salt
– 1 tsp chilli powder
– 1/2 tsp onion powder
– 1/2 tsp smoked paprika (optional)- 1/4 tsp cayenne
– 2/3 cups of water
– 1 cup marinara sauce (without sugar)
– 1 cup finely chopped onion, and lightly sautéed- 1 large handful of spinach, chopped
– crushed tortilla chips, for the topping (optional)
- Pre heat oven to 400 degrees F
- Drain the cashews, and put them in a blender with the steamedcarrots, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, garlic, salt, chilli powder, onionpowder, paprika, cayenne and 2/3 cups of water.
- Blend until the sauce is thick and creamy.
- Pour your cheese sauce into a large mixing bowl, and mix in the marinara sauce, onions and spinach until combined.
- Pour the sauce into an oven safe casserole dish, and smooth out the top. Add crumbled tortilla chips to the top if you’d like.
- Bake 25-30 min, without letting the tortilla chips burn.
- Serve it with tortilla chips, or veggies…and let everyone dig in!