Inscrivez-vous à mon infolettre !
Fresh, citrusy, and bright; sweet and creamy, these lemon bars hit all the right flavour notes for Spring. They’re very simple to make in 2 easy steps, are gluten free and vegan. They’re healthy, for a dessert at least, and taste like a lemon bar with a cheesecake like texture. Decadent and delicious!
This recipe is inspired by one of my favourite food bloggers, and tweaked a bit by me! Click here to check out her other recipes, they’re fantastic!
Ingredients for the crust:
– 1 cup raw almonds
– 4 tbsp coconut oil
– 3-4 medjool dates, or 2 tbsp maple syrup- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
– 1/4 tsp sea salt
Ingredients for the lemon filling:
* Prep a can of full fat coconut milk in the fridge.
– 1 cup raw cashews (soaked in boiling water for 30min)
– 1 can full-fat coconut milk (remove and use just the hard cream part)- 3/4 cup lemon juice
– 1-2 tbsp lemon zest
– 2 tbsp cornstarch
– 1/4 cup maple syrup + 1 tbsp
– 1/4 tsp sea salt
* turn the oven to 350 F
– blend all of the crust ingredients in a food processor or blender, until it’s ground up fine and crumbly in texture. You want the mixture to hold it’s shape when you pinch it between your fingers. If it’s not sticky enough, just add a bit more coconut oil.
– pour the crumply crust into a parchment paper lined 8×8 square dish, and firmly press it down everywhere, so that it’s compressed and packed tight.
– place the baking dish in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
– while the crust is baking, drain all of the water from the cashews.
– place the drained cashews and all of your filling ingredients (coconut cream, lemon juice + zest, corn starch, maple syrup, salt) into a blender, and blend until it’s creamy and smooth. Taste it, and adjust so that it tastes just right for you.
– pour the lemon filling onto your crust and tap it down on the counter a few times, to remove air bubbles.
– bake for 22 minutes at 350 degrees F, until the edges look dry and solid, and the centre is still a bit soft.
– let it rest on the counter for 10-20 min, then place it into the fridge for a good 4 hours.
– remove from the fridge, slice up, serve, eat and enjoy!